Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A fantastic August

It's terrible when you don't know where to begin... I've been extremely bad at keeping this updated this month but what a month it's been. I'll try to fill you in as much as possible...

Two weeks ago.. just before I was starting my new job at Purple Matrix, I went back to Sweden for a weekend and subsequently on a 5 day cruise starting in Copenhagen, going up to Bergen in Norway, and on through the FJORDS to GEIRANGER and then back. It was the trip of a lifetime and included only the members of my family.


All the food was included and a number of activities. The only thing you paid for really was the alcohol but they had a really good system in place. There are tons and tons and tons of pictures and I won't be able to put them all up but I can assure you it was an incredible trip. We ended up really catching up with eachother which is nice when we all live all over the place. The food was fantastic and we had two great waiters that served us every night. Antonio and Renante... One from India and the other from the Phillippines... All the service staff were extremely helpful and it was really such a relaxing week at sea. The cruise stopped in Bergen, Europe's rainiest city and also in Geiranger, a city of 200 people in the fjords up north in Norway. Breath-taking scenes. We kayaked around the big cruise ship and around waterfalls and went to the top of one of the mountains... Definitely recommend it. We went with a cruise ship operator called Royal Carribean and the ship we were sailing on was called Vision of the seas.

Before we went on the cruise Anne and I spent the weekend in Malmö/Skanör. We arrived in Sweden on the Friday night and the Saturday was spent with our respective friends in Malmö. For me it was a heavy beer-drinking session beginning at noon. It ended rather drunkenly with me crashing the party Anne was at with some of my friends... Took the last bus home at 3 after an absolutely fantastic day. Got to meet up with Per K, John B, Anders H, Fredrik N, Fredrik G, Arsim A and many more...

The following day... the Sunday, we had a giant Party for my parents who turned 60 + 70 this year. Anne and I decided to take pictures of everyone with a funny clown nose and will put together a book. Below is a picture of Anne and I...


This was also a phenomenol party... lots of fun... and we were really lucky with the weather and all.

Returning to London, I started my job on the Monday. It has definitely been an interesting two weeks and I am really enjoying being back in business. All my colleagues are extremely friendly, possibly with the exception of one whose first job this is. I can relate to the difficulties of starting to work and all the insecurity that comes with it and in his defence he has been getting better every week so fingers crossed. He's also extremely talented at what he's doing (selling) and I'm sure he'll be extremely successful. As I am indirectly competing with him, this adds an element to the equation as well.

The role at the moment involves a lot of cold-calling and a lot of rejection. We are going to Manchester next week for a weeks long training session. It promises to be an extremely interesting week I am sure. Apparantly a lot of drinks and the like which kind of scares me... drinking with a bunch of 21-22 year olds... :-/ but I'm sure it'll end up being alright.

The weekends have been action packed with dinners and shopping and relaxing... last night we had a crayfish party with Al and Nin (our flat mates), Mathilda & Simon (my sis and her bf) and Simon (Whitey) another friend... it got really messy though... way too many snaps (shots of aquavit) way too quickly... wasn't feeling all too well and collapsed in my bed at the early hour of 11.

The next few weeks promise to be good with a Michael Jackson themed party. A week in Manchester. Hopefully some good news from work and my first sales. I promise to try to update this a little more cause I have loads of fun thigns to say.

I'll leave you with a pic of my family from the cruise...

No comments: