Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a few chosen words from Paul Arden...

One of Mathilda's flatmates gave me an incredibly interesting book to read the other day following a deep and meaningful conversation.

Today, I would just like to leave you with two pages from the book... (its not a conventional book so this is really TWO pages:-)



I Wish.

I wish means: wouldn't it be nice if...

If you always make the right decision, the safe decision, the one most people make, you will be the same as everyone else.
Always wishing life was different.



I want.

I want means: if I want it enough I will get it.

Getting what you want means making the decisions you need to make to get what you want.

Not the decisions those around you think you should make.

Making the safe decision is dull, predictable and leads nowhere new.

The unsafe decision causes you to think and respond in a way you hadn't thought of.

And that thought will lead to other thoughts which will help you achieve what you want.

Start taking bad decisions and it will only take you to a place where others only dream of being.





This comes from the book... Whatever you think think the opposite by Paul Arden.

What makes this so puzzling to me is that I seem to have everyones support... its the decision most people around me think i should have made... :-) everyone keeps saying "go go go go"... Will i face different decisions in the future where others will no longer be with me and instead say No and will I dare go on? Thats answer can't be determined tonight..

No comments: