Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A tiny break??

A crack in the ice? A tiny step in the right direction? A glimmer of hope? A ray of sunlight breaking through the clouds? Whatever you want to call it, I'm pumped. I'm Excited. I'm ready to go.

The first thing I found last week when I began looking for opportunities was a conference specially held looking at Sports Event Management... held in London on November 12th. Wow, I thought to myself... am I lucky or what... but when I noted what the delegate fee was I thought to myself "eh..."... So last week I called the event organisers to see if there was any chance that I could work at the event ... any unconventional way of getting in but not feeling the extent of the corporate delegate fee. Any way at all that they could help an aspiring young future sports event manager learn a little something... the response was positive and to get back to me next week

As the event is being held tomorrow, I wanted to call "last minute" so I called this morning and talked to one of the organisers. We came to an agreement. :-) Though it has resulted in a significant dent in my wallet, I was happy with what I could arrange with the guy. I am fully aware that sometimes... it's gonna hurt to find a job... and this time it was financial... its gotta be seen as an investment... heck, if i'm really in the positive mood I might just say go as far as saying I'm doin my bit to help in these hard financial situations by still consuming. :-) My money is now out there circulating, 1 penny might show up in the hands of a homeless guy in Düsseldorf , 100 SEK to a 15 year old teenager as allowance money.. another 223 in somebodys loose change Emergency Piggy bank. :-)

So my hard-earned cash is working hard out there.. tryin to save the economy...thanks bucky, thanks todd (don't we all name our money?)

and tomorrow its my turn to work it... Networking networking networking... thats the name of the game... and hopefully some fun stories to share...

wish me luck!!!

Today's picture wasn't taken by me... but its from the website of the conference... wonder why these men all chose to sit there in front of the sand??? what sport event might they be fighting for front row seats for???

No comments: