Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Business...2009

Happy New Year from Anne and myself from a freezing London...


First let me say how SUPER happy I am that Anne's finally made the big move to London. Two months without her here in London was no fun at all ... But now she's here and looking to build her reputation so anyone with contacts in the fashion industry or in the need of a super duper talented make-up/hairstylist professional... please contact us. Anyone with any contacts in the Sports Event management field is also more than welcome to contact me of course still :-)


So... 5th January, back to Business for the majority of people around the world except maybe in Sweden where tomorrow is a national holiday and thus a lot of people will start again properly on Wednesday!!! And thus it was time for Anne and myself to slowly start the job hunt process once again.... :-) Time to burn those thousands of meatballs and prinskorvar (cocktail type sausages) away by exercising the mind... slow start though with not a lot of opportunities posted over the holiday period and people just gettin back to work but a bit of reading to catch up on from industry websites...

I'm feeling really confident that great opportunities will present themselves this quarter despite what the news keeps telling us all... the three week break I've just had with a little over 2 weeks in Belgium was much needed... last year I took only 5 days of holiday before leaving Sweden and immediately upon arriving in London I begun looking for work, a full-time job with the stresses accompanying them... I have over the past few weeks been able to almost completely forget about the fact that I'm looking for work and concentrate on recharging my batteries and feel much fresher for it. I don't see any guilt in being job-hunting and taking some time from it especially during a time that is renown for having little activity :-)

One of the great things with having Anne here is that we can take nice little wanders around London if and when we feel like it... the choices are endless though which ultimately creates its own problems... and the cold weather doesn't really invite to long walks... or does it... :-) everywhere you go though in London today there is a sale of some kind... 70% off... 40% off.... buy two get one free... despite the fact that the Swedish Krona has weakened against the EURO and Dollar... its seldom been as cheap to buy GBB with SEK... so should see a great many visits from Sweden in the not so distant future. . . :-)

I hope everyone has had a good first day back at work and I look forward to telling you more about my Journey in London this year.

No comments: