Monday, January 26, 2009

Bill gates ...

"Bill Gates needs a goal... Bill Gates wants to win a Nobel Peace Prize..."

This evening I'm sitting watching a documentary on Bill Gates... the documentary is called Bill Gates: How a geek changed the world. Its an interesting story that I'm sure some of you have already followed. He truley is a unique guy. Love him or hate him... he's a super geek and a super competitor... whats fantastic though is his combination of technical skills and business acumen...and then there's this.... For any of you that love Will Ferrell and The Night at the Roxbury will definitely recognise this little skit from that movie...



He can laugh at himself...:-D This is not the only example of this... there's plenty... He comes across as quite a normal guy for being the Richest man in the world. A bit like Ingvar Kamprad (the founder of IKEA)...

So why am I writing about this? Cause not only did I think this was an interesting story... but it kind of also connects to my day... I've been contacted by two recruiters, one of which was in IT/Telecom and the other Luxury Jets for Billionaires companies... :-) got these calls since updating my profile on Monster.co.uk this morning... Despite writing clearly that I'm looking for opportunities in sports, they have contacted me anyway.. unfortunately neither of the roles were of interest to me for different reasons but I'm open to listen to opportunities that may be interesting at the moment and if that is in a different industry at the moment, so be it... primary goal is still Sports but I believe that there are many chapters in life and who knows what may come...

Much like Bill I have a goal... might be a bit different at the moment than his... but the important thing is to have that goal ... how you get there is the fun part

No comments: