Saturday, March 20, 2010

A memorable few days...

I have some big news which I will reveal next week!!! More on that later


Today was a great day. I got to spend some time with Bernie and Joao and then with Sampo... Bernie and I went to school together in Bruxelles and Sampo and I went to school together back in 1990 in China...

Talking to them you identify that they are going through the same as you are. They are "your kind of people". They have been through the same as you! They think the same as you! I am reading an extremely interesting book that Anne bought me called TCK.. Third Culture Kids and I'd recommend it to anyone with our background..!!! The conversation I had today lifted me up... It's quite incredible... we go through the same things. . . the same ideas and difficulties with parents, friends, society, interviewers, boyfriends, girlfriends, taxi drivers... whom ever!!! Most TCK's don't know they are TCKs...

Ok... moving on...

How many people in London actually LIVE in London?

Ok... so you might not understand the question. Here it is again. How many people truly live here.. Year... after year... call it their home.. and how many people consider London their Temporary accomodation. Their temporary location... imagine a city where more than 65% of people know they won't live here for the rest of their lives... imagine how that effects a person. Think of a world where the majority of people who live here realise they can get a higher quality of living (in certain respects) elsewhere.... The same people realise that they can only get the certain "quality of life" that London offers, in cosmopolitan cities like this... there are more things happening, more creativity, more passion, desire, drive, ambition, hunger, ability, strength and weakness here than anywhere in the world....!!! But I get back to the question... how many people actually live in London and consider it their home... and how many people consider it their Home away from home!!!

Where ever you live now... think about this... where do you live? Is it home? By answering that question, I have an easier way of classifying/categorising you!!!!


I'll leave you this saturday evening with something I might have posted before.. but here it is again...


No comments: