Saturday, March 13, 2010

Professions to avoid!!!

I would like to warn you that these are my opinions and might offend some. In no means does it mean that I think everyone in these professions are evil but I can only speak from my experience.

As a sales guy... who makes a lot of cold calls, I can understand that people think that I'm annoying. I realise people might say Sales is a profession to avoid!!! I understand all this, but I don't believe that I am rude or annoying when I call people and hence I'd like to point out two professions I've had quite a bit of hassle with...

Let me start with the most unfriendliest and annoying people I've ever spoken to...

ESTATE AGENTS!!!

REALLY DISLIKE them...I have never spoken to a profession who are so rude and downright unfriendly as Estate Agents. There's a cockiness and a irritating nature that really really really gets me going!!!

I've been calling estate agents trying to discuss IT support with them. Literally I have never gotten so many hangups. They are totally not interested in listening to anything anyone says. The tone they take is extremely rude.

On top of the experience I have had calling them, I can say that my experience of using them, they have a feeling that they run the world... They know best! So yea, I've added another thing to my dislike most in the world...

The next one is a little more controversial I reckon...

Recruiters
I don't know what it is... they lie, they twist the truth, they are extremely persistent, they use your emotions against you.

When I've been calling Recruiters, they can put on a fantastically friendly voice, but they lie, and it's so easy to see. I prefer their way of handling sales calls than estate agents at least...

Recruiters though basically trade in humans. They have an extremely tough job, don't get me wrong but there is something about the way they are that irritates me.

Having said that, I have also met and spoken to a number of recruiters who are EXTREMELY friendly and DAMN good at what they do... Obviously they are like sales people in that they earn commission on every person they place... still... there's a big gap between good and bad!


Now next week I'm going to be trying to call Modelling Agencies.. I'll give you an update on whether they are any better!!!


I've got a song that I've found that really epitimises how I feel right now!!! It's not my typical type of music. It's a remix of a Jason Timberlake song called My Love. But it has nothing to do with the actual song.. it's the beat that they've put on it... If you fast forward to around 1.00-1.30 you'll hear the beat I mean.



What I like about it is that it sounds so DETERMINED! It feels like a freight train that's just going to get through whatever obstacles are in the way!!! It's got a powerful feel to it!!!


In other news... I'm going to Sweden for Easter!! Arriving on the 31st March (Wednesday) and leaving on Monday 5th April. Managed to plan it for a weekend where the majority of my friends are out of town... a bit typical but it will be nice to just take it easy as well... to be able to relax in Skanör a bit and spend some quality time with Anne.

No comments: