Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here we go...

Well... tomorrow the whole world will have their eyes shifted on London as the G20 Summit begins. Protests on our doorstep... world leaders galore... We are currently staying literally 20 minutes walking distance from where a lot of protesters will be converging, namely the Bank of England... It'll be an interesting few days hopefully leading to better place... I offered to sleep on the couch so Obama, Sarkozy, Merkel, or one of the other hot shots could use the room but it was declined ... something about security... i told them "hey, we're on the third floor, there's no chance for anyone breaking in"... sheesh... :-P

As for me though I have a busy schedule as well... tomorrow I have yet another meeting for Lon-Doers which is really beginning to gather speed... I've also got a meeting with a Business Advisor about becoming a sole trader (ie. starting my own business) and some other fun stuff planned for the evening so times are definitely not dull... my own business would be more of a self-employed type of thing, being able to offer my skills to companies without them having to hire me... freelance a little...

Once the initial "there's nobody tellin me what to do" dilemma calms down, its actually quite nice working for yourself, now I just need to work out a way to be self-employed and earn money.. the dream of everyone around probably... :-P


Anne and I this afternoon after she finished work went down to Dalton ... an area in North London which is home to a number of different ethnic races and nationalities. Felt like I was in a completely different country. Quite nice that you can get such incredible changes by travelling a few minutes by bus...

I'll be sure to report if I see any peculiar happenings now that the town will be full of protesters... :-P so stay tuned...

No comments: