Saturday, May 7, 2011

Time to start it up again...

After a few months... ok... a year of not writing I think it's time to start up again. Once again - let's see how long it lasts but I can try at least.

It's been an eventful year since I last wrote. Toppsy turvy. Lots of lows and one or two ups.

Anne and I broke up after she moved back to Sweden. After a four year relationship, it's never easy to end it. I learned and hope still to learn a great deal from Anne and the relationship we had. To me, what's life about if not continuous learning and progression. Things change - ideas change - directions change. Grab ahold of the opportunities you have to move forward and do something about it.

I've learned recently that the heart and mind are completely different entities and both have incredible power over you in different yet important ways. I wish it were easier but everything happens for a reason.

I have also realised that one must feel good physically in order to feel good emotionally. However, upon deeper thought is it also that- one must feel good emotionally in order to feel good physically? I don't know.

This came up after I for the first time ever went for a 50 minute jog. Non-stop and I felt great. I've been sick for a few weeks so it feels good to be back in training.

This past week I spent 7 days in Sweden. In Malmö, Lund, Skanör, and Stockholm and I've realised how important Sweden is to me and how much I love the country. I will live there again one day and although I can't say exactly when, I don't think within the next 3 years is too ambitious. London is an incredible town but I feel like you need to have someone to share it with. London is too vast... Too crazy... Too different to settle in for a long time because there's always more... There's always stress. It's a wonderful town but what I've realised is that

Too much choice makes life far too complicated.


So I had a wonderful week in Sweden and heard some great music I hadn't heard before including the following link which is kinda like I feel like at the moment. Love listening to new stuff - especially from Sweden. "Vi mot världen".



I just watched a very interesting documentary from Louis Theroux on San Quentin prison. If you get the chance I'd definitely watch it. He said one thing that stuck.

"Humans are creatures of habit."


I believe that very very much. The majority of people will return to habit unless the habit is so dreadful that they realise that an alternative is better. I admire and applaud people who can revert from habit.

No comments: