Saturday, January 14, 2012

Flight #1 - a chubby German woman.

As I hadn't thought of this idea before my flight this week I am writing in retrospect and didn't pay attention as much as now but here it is in retrospect.


Flight #1 for the year was from Istanbul to Frankfurt. I had a window seat for the 3 hour flight and had quite a lot of work to do.

My seat buddy on this trip was a chubby nerdy unfashionable 30-something German lady. She was travelling with a friend who was slightly more attractive in my eyes and an even better looking friend who was sitting behind her.

They were speaking German and I was in no mood to listen to their chat so I had my ear phones on.

This was a case of playing arm wrestling for the divider. She was not going to give up this easily and after an hour of the flight she pretty much had her back to me while she was talking to her friend.

Needless to say I didn't like this lady much.

Once again, here goes a stereotype... my guess is that she worked for some state organisation. Very possibly in education still or some kind of science. She was probably quite a smart girl but her idea of fun would probably be knitting, baking, and reading. Nothing wrong with that but that's the impression she gave me. A 30-something that acted like a 50-something.

I don't think she got a very good impression of me as I don't think I gave a good one - partly because I was fucked off by having to go through 3 security checks in the space of 30 minutes with 3 laptops, a belt, and the jackets and liquids that you normally need to take out.

No comments: