Friday, January 13, 2012

Flight #7 - the empty seat and the looney in front

My flight AY649 from Helsinki to Stockholm at 2005 was empty. I'd be sugar coating it if I said it was 25% full. Think there might have been 30 persons. So needless to say - I got a seat alone!!!

I was in row 15 I around 25 and I was the furthest back guest.

With no one sitting next to me I guess I still need a story and the person sitting one row ahead and across the isle can do it.

An older gentleman with an awesome moustache. Well dressed but clearly caught in the 60's/70's corporate dress sense. His bag (which i saw when we landed) must have had a ver proud history of travelling!!! It was ancient. His travelling companion had a Finnair sticker on his old school briefcase that must have been handed out on Finnairs first flight.

They were both Finnish and they were some of the last on the plane and spoke finnish with strangers around. They felt like this was the first time they'd flown for a while. Dressed up to the extreme but clearly travelling on Business. They flirted with the flight stewardesses as well.

Funnily enough for an empty flight. The guy was standing up before we'd even reached the gate and was walking around.

All in all one of my favourite characters so far. I will call him Pekka.

No comments: