Saturday, March 31, 2012

Flight #19 - The Yuppie Spaniard

On my flight from London Heathrow to New York on the 15th of March the flight was full - unfortunately. Luckily I got an aisle seat as I was out early but I did get someone sitting directly next to me.

The person sitting next to me was a young man in the 35 year age who was from Spain. He had sat in the wrong seat to start out with so moved next to me just as the last passenger entered. He had left his magazines at his previous seat so he had to stretch across the aisle to get them as well and it was quite a mix of magazines. From Stuff, to Politics to Economist to Comics.

He was a nice considerate flight buddy though. While he accidently turned on the light because the light was in the seperator, that was the length with which he annoyed me which isn't bad for an almost 8 hour flight.

Raul as I will call him was dressed very properly, I think he was a consultant or a banker. Probably based in Europe but going over to work in New York. He didn't have that US loudness so that's why I think he still lived in Europe. Clearly he didn't travel all that often because he sat in the wrong seat to start out with.

Other than that, it was a bit strange because nobody seemed to be sitting in their seats , they decided to sit in others. Someone wanted a window seat, somebody wanted to sit next to their partner, there were a bunch of couples that said they were going to get married and had been seperated. Crazy huh.

No comments: